The Southern Cross
1800-1814 Dowdy Ferry Road, Dallas, TX 75217
www.southerncrossdallas.com | www.trinitytreetops.com/southern-cross-dallas
in July and August,
12:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Independence Day Weekend through Labor Day Weekend
and times subject to change based on private events
FACILITY FEATURES & ALL DAY ACTIVITIES INCLUDE
16,500 Sq. Ft. Air Conditioned Event Center/Dining Hall
Swimming Pool with Lifeguard
Horseshoes, Ping Pong, Gaga Pit, Children’s Playground
Softball, Basketball, Volleyball, Sports Fields
*¬¬We provide all sports equipment, with the exception of softball
Air Hockey, Foosball, Cards, Checkers, Dominoes
Catch and Release Fishing (Bring Your Own Gear & Bait)
2:30 - 3:30 p.m. Petting Zoo open
3:45 - 4:45
p.m. Pedal Boats open
TEXAS BARBECUE BUFFET MENU
(Served from 12:30-2:00 p.m.)
Wood Fired, Slow Smoked BBQ:
Beef Brisket, Sausage & Chicken Breast
Southern Potato Salad, Barbecue Beans, Fresh Creamy Coleslaw
Pickles, Peppers & Onions
Fresh Baked Yeast Rolls
Water, Iced Tea & Lemonade
Hot Dogs & Chips for Kids
The cost of this Family Reunion will be $24.95 per person for adults and $17.95 per person for children ages 4-10, plus $100.00 for Security Officers onsite during your event, and 8.25% sales tax, with a minimum guarantee of 50 adults. Children 3 years old and under are FREE.
A non-refundable deposit of $500.00 is required to confirm reservations and will be applied to the total cost. Your final balance is due 3 weeks prior to event date. This price includes non-exclusive use of facility, activities, a designated reserved indoor space for your family, food and beverage as outlined, and the professional staff to ensure a safe and successful event!
Absolutely no pets or weapons allowed.
No food/beverage may be brought to or taken from the property.
Please note that our Family Reunion packages are a non-exclusive rental of the facility, meaning you'll be sharing the space with other families during the same 5 hour time frame. Inside the dining hall, you will have rows of tables labeled with your family name, a buffet line labeled with your family name, and a host or hostess specifically assigned to your family to help with food service, clean up, and whatever else you may need.
When you are ready to book your event, please provide the following information to print on your contract:
Preferred Event Date:
Contact Mailing Address:
*Must be at least 50 adults—we can increase this number following printing your contract, but cannot decrease it at any time.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Q: What does “non-exclusive” mean?
- A: Your non-exclusive rental of the facility means you'll share the venue with up to 3 other families during the same time frame. Inside the dining hall, you will have rows of tables labeled with your family name, a buffet line labeled with your family name, and a host or hostess specifically assigned to your family.
- Q: Can I bring any food or drinks?
A: We do not allow outside food or drinks to be brought to the facility, with the exception of a specialty cake. If you choose to bring a cake, please also bring serving utensils, plates, and napkins. All other food and drink as listed on the front of this page will be served for 1 ½ hours. Water is available all day.
- Q: Will I be able to decorate?
- A: You are welcome to add décor to your designated tables and area inside the ballroom. Please do not use tape on the floors or put holes in the walls. We’ll have everything you need set up: tables, chairs, tablecloths, centerpieces.
- Q: Can we use the microphone and/or sound system?
- A: The Southern Cross will be playing SiriusXM radio stations inside and outside, and will make periodic announcements on the microphone. We do not allow guests to use the microphone or sound system since it is a shared space.
If you would like to bring your own portable speaker and microphone, feel free to do so! If there are complaints from other families, we will ask first that you turn it down. A second complaint will require that you turn it off.
- Q: Can we bring a DJ, face painter, or something else for our family to enjoy?
- A: Since your family will not be the only one onsite during this time frame, we do not allow outside paid vendors at this event.
- Q: How do we add bar service?
- A: The Southern Cross is a licensed private club in the City of Dallas, so we can serve beer and wine during your event if you would like to. This will require a fee of $125.00 per TABC certified bartender and cashier. You may pre-purchase drink tickets for your family or individuals can pay with cash/card. Guests are not permitted to bring any alcoholic beverages, no exceptions.
- Q: Where can we take a really good family photo?
- A: The ballroom is set up like a “tour of Texas,” so there are many great backdrops for your family photo! You are welcome to pose anywhere inside the ballroom, except on the stage. Additionally, the 40 acres of land outside offers beautiful natural Texas landscape and the perfect setting for your photos. Our staff would be happy to make an announcement for your family to gather at a certain time, and to take photos for you.